Wednesday 21 October 2009

Tex Avery (Uncle Toms Cabana) BANNED FROM TV!!



This is another one of Tex Aver's works I like. This is one of the lesser racist cartoons for the time. But, the the african american (black) characters are drawn with those satirically racist characteristics of big lips etc. I totally understand why it was banned. the white character looks like the devil or "white devil" is how I think he was suppose to be portrayed. I actually think Tex was advocating the the African Americans in this one, animating parody's of the racist time like at 3mins 14secs, on the sign "No Dogs allowed, Wolves welcome". This was obviously a satire of the Jim crow laws. Id quite like to take one of these black characters, design my own one in 3d and them animate him.

No comments:

Post a Comment